Monday, June 13, 2011

What Lies Over the Hill?


Today is one of those “turning point” days for me. 

I finished up substituting for the year and head to Paris tomorrow (for two weeks) with my own Master’s program. 

The Paris trip is a big marker for me.  It’s an opportunity to stretch my middle aged wings, test my personal strength,  and discover new things about myself.    And of course I will look for Molly; I expect that I will sense her presence in and around a good deal of this experience.  She KNOWS that  this trip is a tad bit out of character for her mother. 

And then what?   I have not had a summer off in at least 30 years.  My guess is that I will enjoy the leisurely pace for about 4 days.  And then, by the 4th of July , I will likely be doggone sick of myself.  

We’ll see.   I cannot imagine beyond these next two weeks in Paris.    The trip is one of those hills that is just too big to see over until you get to the top.

I look forward to sharing the view when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment