Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Cleanse

Health Week.  Sort of.

Frances is on a cleanse.  After two years of aches and pains, and steroids and weight gain she was on a plane - going to her birthday party in fact - seated next to a husband and wife chiropractor team who happen to be local. 

Frances owns MANY sets of noise cancelling headphones.   She does not talk to people on planes.  But for some reason, this time she did.  And by the end of the 6 hour coast to coast flight, having spilled her life story and learned a bit of theirs, she was maybe not sold on their ideas.  But she was willing to listen them.

Frances was suprised by herself - suprised that she talked to strangers on a plane; suprised that the strangers were interesting.  For me, the introduction was Molly's 50th birthday gift to Frances.  Why not?   I have become accustomed to looking at the world through a new set of glasses.

There are funny stories about Frances' first trip to the chiropractor; I think she questioned exactly what she had gotten herself into as she was taken to the "Tranquility" room for her first appointment. 

But, the cleanse itself is going well.  Don't get me wrong, it's not for me  You eat vegetables and drink "smoothies" (if you want to call them that) for 2 weeks.  BUT, the change in Frances' diet is impacting me as well:  less alcohol, more veggies, brown rice, less cheese, more THOUGHTFULLNESS about what I eat.

And to be fair, I feel better than I have felt in quite awhle.

Thanks, Molly.


No comments:

Post a Comment