Monday, April 25, 2011

Trusting in Multiplication

I am at that point – financially and personally – where I have to trust that multiplication is true.

I am believing that life lived on a budget can be richer and more satisfying than life lived with a regular and exceedingly ample pay check.

I am figuring that I might even lose a few pounds if I eat out less than I used to and reacquaint myself with my collection of pots and pans.

I am finding that interacting with a wide variety of people in a series of jobs is infinitely more satisfying than talking to the same people everyday over a cubicle wall.

I am discovering the wealth that is resale shops and consignment stores.  And I am finding that they are very crowded these days.

Don’t get me wrong:  there are things I miss about having plenty of money – things like having a Starbucks latte everyday, or not thinking twice about buying theater tickets, or having my hair professionally colored.   And I miss that I am not paying for college, or a wedding or grandmotherly things.

I never wanted money just to have it.  I want to live with less.  I know that my life will be richer as a result.  But I am stepping out here with a bit of faith that Effort multiplied by Passion =  Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment