Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School

teacher
When so many things don’t seem to work out, and so much of life seems to move well beyond Plan B or Plan C, I am beyond grateful when things DO actually work out and easily slip in to place. 

Today – the first day of school – I got called for a two week substituting job.  I actually can’t believe it.  I figured I would go another two weeks before I would get a call.  And I was okay with that.  I have books to read and meals to cook and workouts to do.  It’s not like I would have squandered the time.

But I am REALLY happy to be going back to work.
 
As I have looked forward to this fall, I have been trying to live out patience, figuring that if I do my best to be available, introduce myself to people and take care of myself then opportunities will come my way.  It has always sort of been that way with me, but to state the obvious, patience is much easier to live out if you don’t have to wait very long.

Getting this early assignment is also a little nod of affirmation to the fact that I am substitute teaching at all.  Maybe I am good at this.  Maybe this is a good path for me.

Maybe things will work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment