Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blue Herons, Rainbows and Flowers

I sense Molly's presence. 

It's not a constant thing, or a hallucination.   It is not audible or visual.  But in the blue heron that played along the river as Frances and I took a walk yesterday, in the rainbow that appeared over the harbor in Ireland when I went back for the first time without Molly, in the plant that blooms in her favorite color on her birthday - but had never bloomed before her death - I sense Molly's presence.

Some would say that sensing Molly around me is trick I am playing on myself so that I don't have to admit that she is "gone."  They are free to  their opinion.   I choose to believe that regardless of if we live or die we remain connected to each other and that our relationships endure.

To me, she lives on.  Actively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment