Monday, November 29, 2010

Building a New Life


Building a new life is a full time job and then some.


I suppose that most of us have had to re-evaluate our lives after a life-blow. And if you haven't, I imagine that you will.


And to be fair, I guess I have done this before: figuring out how to be a partner, a mother, an adult. But in each of those transitions I had youth on my side; I intuitively knew that part and parcel of relative youth is the the gift of second chances.


Maturity offers few second chances, and the sense of time infinitely opening up in front of me is GONE. If I am going to make a change, learn a new skill, find a new path, I have to do it now, and get it right in the process. I am in the midst of a once in a life time opportunity.


At least that's what my brain keeps telling me.


It is now or never this time, and I have never felt more responsible for who I am and what I create of my life.


So... whatever else this year "off" is, it is not stress free! I am busier than I have ever been, stetching to learn as many new things as I can and taking myself seriously.


Wonder how long this new engagement will last. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment