Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Catching Up



Brief recap: I am now officially done with work; I have been to visit my Dad and he is doing really well all things considered; I have received some nice parting gifts from my employer. And now I face the reality of this choice. Okay. What now.

Oddly enough my first concern was WARDROBE. I am not a clothes person - heck I shopped almost exclusively out of the Salvation Army for a full year not that long ago. And yet. I don't want to wear anything that I don't feel really good in. I don't want to wear anything that I might have worn to the office. And I also don't want to just slob around all day either. I'd sort of like to look like the model at the top of this post... but I don't.

In search for that middle ground of non-grungy comfort that is age appropriate and figure forginving, I hit a sale at J Jill and added a few new pieces to my casual/comfortable collection. This was in anticipation of being paid out for my unused vacation pay, but OF COURSE, the folks at the job "missed" adding that on to my check. I have reminded them. Very, very nicely.

And I went to the gym today. Years ago, I went regularly, but with two to three hours of commuting (on a good day!) I had basically given that up. The guy at the front desk remembered me though - and commented on how long it had been since I had been there. It was nice to be remembered... even if it was for being a lazy load.

No comments:

Post a Comment