Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spending the Day Alone


Left to my own devices, I am a recluse. I don't know if it has to do with poor self esteem or just a general personality tendency, but the bottom line is that it is work for me to be with large groups of people and I crave time to myself.


And today, I am home alone. My partner has headed out to California ahead of me, and I am hanging around at home to go to class tomorrow night and to (hopefully) substitute teach during the day.


So, I have the house to myself and 100% freedom to do anything that I want to do. I'd like to think that I spent the day eating really healthy foods, exercising, reading significant litereature and doing my art class homework. After all, that's what I have been doing just about everyday since I quit my job.


I did do the art class homework.


But other than that, breakfast was a chai latte and a cranberry bliss bar from Starbucks; dinner was wine; and I spent some time on You Tube reliving the engagement of William and Kate and the antics of the Osmonds' careers.


Okay, okay, okay. I'll rephrase. It was a lot of time on You Tube.


Don't lose faith in me. Please. I may like spending time alone, but it's pretty clear to me that I am at with my best when I am with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment