Thursday, November 4, 2010

Looking for Temporary Jobs....


No worries. I am not already scurrying about trying to find full time employment. But. I think it might be fun to get a part-time holiday job in a department store.

After Molly's death, Christmas is surely a challenge, and I don't want to mope through the entire season. So... the thought is... I'll try something new and festive and different. And I'll make a few bucks while I am at it.

So... not having applied for jobs with a big company EVER, I presented myself (looking farily professional, I might add) at the mall to fill out applications. WRONG. Oh no, no, no, no. One can only apply online. Which I did. And I am exhaused.

After finding the on-line site, opening an account, filling out the personal information, answering all of the government-required questions, writing and uploading a cover letter, and taking a personality inventory, I had invested a good two hours. At least. For one six week job that pays just over minimum wage if I am lucky. And then I went on to another site to do it all over again for another store, but there site was down.

REALLY? Is this what we have come to? Makes me feel a bit bah humbug about the whole idea, but I would still really like the job. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment