Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Day of Rest


After a tough trip home from California and 5 days of Frances' 50th Birthday Party planning/party enjoying/party aftermath it is time to look forward to her second party that is this Saturday.

This event is in our home town and folks are flying in for it, every bed is taken; we are renting hotel rooms and borrowing air mattresses. Expectations may not be sky high - but people are really looking forward to getting together.


And I took today off. By the time I got home yesterday there was no way that I could even begin to think about putting together a second event - an event that will be very different from the first one - without a day of rest. Maybe I am a wimp. Most likely I am a wimp. I am a wimp.


Our schools were all closed today due to ice, so I didn't even feel guilty sleeping in until 11 AM, dawdling over Starbucks (one can ALWAYS get to Starbucks) or reading a book all day. Substitute teaching will, I am sure, be available when all of this is over.


This weekend's event will come togther. We'll have a great time. As long as I take a day off first!


PS.... HOW IN THE HECK would I have "produced" both of these parties if I had a "real job"? I probably wouldn't have. And you know what, putting all of this together is way more important than anything I ever did on my full time job. Happy Birthday Frances and let's celebrate all of the people in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment