Thursday, January 6, 2011

Looking for a snow delay....


As a substitute teacher, I'll be paid for tomorrow if there is a snow delay. If the schools close, I am out of luck. So bring on just enough snow to snarl things up for a two hour delay.


The way I figure it, a delay would be PERFECT. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast, maybe even meditate or go to the gym before school. Collect a full day's pay. I could get in to that.


Suprisingly, a delay is enough of a disruption for me tomorrow, because it is football jersey day at the school I am subbing in this week and I am sort of excited about it, even though I don't own a jersey. Maybe I just sort of like the idea of uniforms!


So here I am tonight, joining in with all of the students and staff who are willing the snow out of the sky and all of the sports fans who want Baltimore to win a football game. What the heck. If you can't beat 'em join 'em..... It's nice to have a group to join in with.

No comments:

Post a Comment