Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kate Day!


Snow... and lots of it.


So, there was no school today, and I am guessing that there won't be school tomorrow. We are looking at a very slow week in the substitute teacher department.


Which is okay. I've got my consulting gig - which keeps me pretty busy - and I have my KATE gig which was the whole point of quitting my job in the first place. Today was a trip to the gym, and to Starbucks. I made broccoli soup and ate the egg dish that I made last night. I did my homework and took time to really understand it. This afternoon, neighbors were crocheting, and I joined them; there was homemade apple crisp and if you aren't jealous of that, you probably should be. It was a good day - the kind of day that I know I need and don't take enough of.


The down side is that Frances is at work tonight, and she's sleeping over because of the weather. The house feels lonely - I do too. And I am also aware of all of the shoveling that I will have to do tomorrow. By myself. But that's tomorrow.


To keep things interesting, I am going to wrap this day up with some watercolor practice.... maybe I'll try a snow scene! (Snow scenes are deceptively difficult....... and I couldn't pull one off.... but heck, this is my blog!)




No comments:

Post a Comment