Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting Some Groove On

A Ringing Cartoon Telephone Clipart Image 



I got out of bed today.





The phone rang early this morning with a sub job, and after a week of family stuff, anticipatory mourning,  travelling,  eating too much food and generally avoiding my routines, I accepted the job.

And it is amazing how inspirational that is.

I haven't felt like myself for the last couple of weeks - I think winter does that to lots of people.   And it would have been REALLY easy to cocoon in bed until about noon.  But I am glad that I didin't. 

Taking the job meant moving from bed to car in 20 minutes.  It's not a great way to start a day: the shower is rushed, the hair doesn't get blown, makeup is non-existent.  Yet, while I was running into the school in a futile attempt to be on time, the sun was peeking out bringing some much needed warmth,  I felt a sense of purpose, and  the lure of routine settled over me in such a way that I found myself very grateful to be working.

So today was a couple small steps back to myself and a few extra degrees outside.  Good things.   Very good things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment