Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trainer?

I am thinking about doing some fitness testing with an exercise physiologist. 

After several years of loss and pain and stress, the news will not be great.  I am sure the trainer will be very professional and will deliver the results with compassion; undoubtedly, some attempt will be made to find the bright spot (my, you have GREAT hair!).   But by and large the message will be similar to my Wii Fit telling me, very bluntly, that I am overweight.

One of my goals for this time off has been to exercise more, eat better and basically get back into shape.  I have done a fairly good job of cooking healthy meals and exercising, but the results have been less than stellar.   I probably do need some professional help.

The thing is, and maybe you can relate to this, I have plenty of folks willing to point out my weaknesses; I really shouldn't have to pay someone to point them out! 

But maybe I am willing to hear what someone has to say - to learn from it - and make some changes.  I just don't want that someone to be my mother - or my neighbor - or my sister!  A cool and collected professional who I never have to see again is probably better for me.

So that's the plan.   I'm getting my fitness tested this week.  And I am going to try to listen to what I am told with an open mind.

Healthier lifestyle, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment