Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunrise

On an intellectual level, I knew the sun would come up the day after Molly died.


But on every other level of my existence, sunrise was a total shock.  WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THE WORLD IS STILL SPINNING?  My world - my emotions - my body  had all come to a tragic halt.  Sunrise was my first teacher that somehow - someway - I was going to have to find a way to go on.

I am stunned that there is life beyond this loss.  I would have never guessed that Molly's death would challenge me to be a better person, or that in some ways I would feel closer to her now than when she was alive.  I could not have anticipated how my relationships with so many friends and family would deepen or that Frances and I could bear losing Molly without losing each other.   

Parents should not have to make funeral arrangements for their children.  And if I could have avoided this, I would have taken any other road.  But if you are on this road with me, I am grateful for your companionship, I offer you mine, and I hope that you, too, are facing the sunrise.


No comments:

Post a Comment