Friday, June 13, 2014

Breaking the Rules



It is 7 AM and the garage door is open.

And it is going to be open all day.   For the next four days.

And we have a guy who is sawing in the driveway. 

We must be breaking at least 20 of the 1,000 or so rules of this place.  I imagine PATROL driving around trying to figure out what do with us as I type.

I have never been an outlaw, and would much prefer to not be drawing attention, but there is not much alternative here.  If we are going to have a kitchen - a room boldly torn out and given to Habitat for Humanity last week - then we are all going to have to endure some inconvenience for a few days.   

Generally, I don't ascribe to the "Act first, Apologize later" school of thought, but in this case I think it applies.  And hey - perhaps I will use the new kitchen to whip up some chocolate chip cookies and freshly washed strawberries for my neighbors if we are able to get through this without fines from PATROL.

It occurs to me that I am probably too old to be bothered with what my neighbors are thinking... but I also know that one of the reasons that I am happy to be moving to this community is that it is quiet and ordered and folks generally adhere to the rules.

So, yes, we'll get that garage door down as soon as we can.  Which will be in about four days.







No comments:

Post a Comment