Thursday, June 5, 2014

Slowing Down

I get it.

Sort of.

We have moved in to what is - for all intents and purposes - a retirement community.   By and large the profile of folks who live here would be money in the bank and time on the hands.

So, it works out great for most people if they are told that to have a transponder placed on their car in order to enter the gated community without benefit of a guard,  they need to present themsleves and their car with registration to community patrol on Saturday between 11 AM and 1 PM to have a transponder installed.   It doesn't feel like an inefficient pain in the neck to my neighbors; they have the time and why not let the kind gentleman (I'll be shocked if we are talking about a woman) install the 8 ozs worth of plastic for them

And I can't just show up on a Saturday (I DID try that).   An appoinment is required - mostly, I think, so that they can collect the fee - if due.  We may have a 2 and a half car garage, but only one transponder is included in our Home Owner Association dues.   The process, then, is AT LEAST 2 - pronged: visit the Home Owners Association office to make an appointment (HOA is open 10 AM - 3 PM Monday - Thursday) and then show up for installation.

I am sure that little piece of velcro that they are going to use to install this thing on my windshield requires professional oversight.  No doubt about it.  The HOA lady couldn't just give me the darn thing.  My feeling is,   if I can assemble IKEA furniture,  I can install a transponder. But no.
.
In a spirit of full disclosure, I made the first appointment,  so Frances will have to pay the fee for the second transponder.  Ha!  Little chuckle there between me and the Home Owners Association lady.

The HOA lady and I needed the chuckle, because I think we already pushed her buttons on another issue.  We wanted the list of "approved" contractors so that we could start to schedule work before we moved in.  She had our name as buyers and everything - we weren't a mystery to her.  But no.  She could not email the list.  She could not mail the list.  She could not fax, text or courier pigeon the list.  The list was not available on line. But we were sure welcome to come come and pick up a copy anytime between 10 AM and 3 PM Monday  - Thursday.

No exceptions.

Did I mention that we still work?

But I get it.

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment