Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Night

Spent the first night at the place in the 55 Plus Community.  On the expensive but much needed new mattress.  No verdict yet on if the mattress is the one step short of miracle that it claims to be but I can keep you posted on that.  

Yesterday was dedicated to installation of lighting; it's one of those things that we have wished we had done in our other homes, and just decided we were going to do this time around.  The same reasoning has led to the installation of new kitchen cabinets, a built in entertainment center and integrated shelving for my office.  The money is going to run out pretty soon, or there would have also been new interior doors, a backyard fire pit and some sort of water feature.  Someday.

Frances worked last night, so after the electrician left - at about 6 PM - I decided to go up to the clubhouse for dinner.  Check out the social scene.   Start trying to meet people.   Have a drink.  Test out  this heavily promoted community lifestyle.   And I've got to say that I had a great time.  Bartenders were friendly.  Folks were happy to chat.  Even snagged a dinner invitation for Friday night. 

I certainly was not talking with a scientifically or randomly selected sample, but the people I was talking with last night really love living here.  They were also  - overall - a tad bit drunk.  A benefit, I guess, of living in a gated community where drinking and driving is not too much of an issue.  I was glad that we were on summer hours and the place closed at 7 or I would have likely joined right in.  More like I definitely would have joined right in. Which would have been a BAD idea....



No comments:

Post a Comment